Skin changes are among the most visible signs of ageing, but with the right skin care routine, it is possible to minimise the visible appearance of ageing.
The Obagi Nu-Derm System is a scientifically formulated system that comes in a kit for home use. It is an anti-ageing wonder-product that penetrates the skin deeply, rejuvenating it at a molecular level to correct damage within.
It completely transforms human skin in as little as 12-16 weeks, correcting the following:
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles,
- Loss of Skin Elasticity,
- Rough Skin Texture & Acne Scarring,
- Sallow or Yellow Complexion,
- Sun Damage & Age Spots,
- Hormonal Hyperpigmentation, like Melasma,
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation from Acne.
Patients must stay compliant for 12 – 16 weeks (depending on skin condition at the start) to see optimal results and the skin can go through some unpleasant transitions in the process.
The routine is correcting YEARS of damage on the skin, and that doesn’t happen overnight. The Nu-Derm system is not like other skincare systems; it is indeed a medical treatment that contains best products.
There may be weeks when you are on the Obagi Nu-Derm system when your skin looks worse before it seems better. At this time, dramatic internal restructuring and external resurfacing are occurring, and you may experience redness, irritation, sensitivity, intense dryness and flaking.
Stick with the system for the full 12-16 weeks, and you will literally have new skin.
How to use:
1. Cleanse skin with Gentle Cleanser.
2. Use a small amount of Toner to prepare skin for the next steps.
3. Apply Clear avoiding eye area.
4. Apply Exfoderm avoiding eye area.
5. Use Hydrate Facial Moisturiser as needed to keep your skin nourished.
6. Apply Sun Shield Matte Sunscreen.
1. Cleanse skin with Gentle Cleanser.
2. Use a small amount of Toner to prepare skin for the next step.
3. Mix a small amount of Blend with a small amount of Obagi Retinoid (sold separately) on the back of your hand, and apply to you skin avoiding eye area.
4. Use Hydrate Facial Moisturiser as needed to keep your skin nourished.
The Set Includes:
Removes makeup and impurities from the skin without drying or causing irritation to delicate surface layers.
Oat amino acids fortify the lipid barrier to prevent dryness while apricot kernel oil infuses skin with healing moisture. Sage extract reduces inflammation and cools redness for a clean and calm complexion.
Toner is an essential second step in using the Obagi Nu-Derm products. In preparation for the other products in the system, the toner helps restore the normal pH balance of the skin, allowing the active ingredients to penetrate deeper.
The skin will feel clean and refreshed after use. Obagi Toner is designed to be used morning and night after cleansing with Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser.
Sun damage and hyperpigmentation age the complexion. Obagi Nu-Derm Clear works to quickly fade dark spots and create a more even skin tone. This hydroquinone-free skin lightener helps minimise imperfections caused by melasma, sun damage, acne and hormones.
Obagi Clear is to be used twice daily until desired results are achieved. Thereafter, it is to be used as needed to maintain results.
- Minimises dark spots,
- Works by inhibiting tyrosinase production, an enzyme responsible for dark spots,
- Antioxidants protect skin and prevent future damage,
- The hydroquinone-free formula will not irritate skin.
Boosting cell turnover is one of the best ways to give mature skin a more youthful appearance.
Obagi Nu-Derm Exfoderm gently exfoliates to remove dulling impurities. This lightweight lotion helps resurface skin to remove dulling skin cells, revealing a brighter complexion. Its rejuvenating formula helps brighten the appearance of dark spots caused by sun damage, melasma, freckles and ageing.
The formula looks like a cream, but absorbs quickly like a gel, leaving skin with a silky finish.
- 3% phytic acid exfoliates skin and promotes healthy cell turnover,
- Glycerine and canola oil prevent dryness and soothe skin to minimise irritation,
- Ideal for rough, dry and dull skin.
Obagi Blender literally means blending cream. It is specifically formulated to be mixed with a retinoid product to fight signs of aging.
Regular usage of Obagi Blender promotes correction at the cellular level for even skin colour. It is specially formulated to complement tretinoin activity and provide blending along with stimulation.
Obagi Blender must be applied prior to tretinoin in a small amount and used following the application of Obagi Clear, to make the skin to be like a porcelain doll.
It improves the appearance of sun damage and hyperpigmentation; targets dark spots caused by melasma, acne, UV exposure and hormones.
Blender also helps improve skin elasticity by building healthy collagen. Its formula works to provide anti-aging results without causing irritation.
Obagi Hydrate Facial Moisturiser provides instant, long-lasting hydration for essential moisturisation and rejuvenation, using innovative technologies and naturally-derived ingredients. This dermatologist-tested moisturiser is hypoallergenic, non-irritating, and designed for a variety of skin types to help enhance skin smoothness.
Powered by Hydromanil to retain the skin’s natural moisture while continuously releasing active compounds that support skin conditioning.
Hydromanil, a natural moisturiser derived from tara seed, delivers 2-in-1 moisturising action:
- Immediate moisturisation—reduces water loss and holds water on the surface of the skin,
- Gradual moisture delivery—retains water and continuously releases active moisturising compounds within the skin.
Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 shields skin from the sun’s harmful rays to prevent sunburn, premature ageing and skin cancer. Its lightweight formula features broad spectrum solar protection and absorbs quickly for a non-greasy, matte finish.
- Zinc oxide deflect solar radiation,
- Octyl methoxycinnamate and oxybenzone absorb UV radiation and disperse it as heat,
- Newer technologies address infrared radiation by helping to buffer the skin from the heat-derived oxidation process.